When the Wisconsin weather gets cold or wet, or cabin fever sets in, everyone starts looking for a getaway. The answer for many Midwestern families is only steps away—the basement. An unfinished basement is a space full of possibilities, and don’t feel you have to choose just one. Consider all your options for that unfinished space, and turn your basement into one, or several, practical and fun getaways:
* Man cave. Time to create a football-watching domain where you and your buddies can enjoy the game. Or that video game haven void of interruptions. Whatever you need your man-space for, hire a contractor to ensure that your getaway is done by the Super Bowl.
* Craft room. Give your wife or girlfriend the scrapbooking space she’s always wanted, or the sewing room that’s created solely for her to work in. Want the job done quickly? Contact a contractor to create custom shelving with adequate lighting for her craft work.
* Bedroom. Do you need a guest room? Is your teenager ready for their own space? Adding a bedroom to your home increases livable space and adds value. Hire a contractor to get the job done quickly and correctly.
* Rec room. If cabin fever is setting in, hire a contractor to create a rec room that the whole family can enjoy all winter. A contractor can install a custom sound system, pool table and custom shelving for books and video games.
* Storage. Strong, sturdy shelves are the answer to your organization woes. Whether it’s shelves for your holiday decorations, canning supplies, scrapbooking or hobby supplies, now is the time to contact a contractor and get your home in order with a well-built storage area that your neighbors envy.
If you want the job done quickly and done well, contact a contractor with experience and referrals. They can assist with planning and completing your basement renovation on a set time schedule. You, and your family, will be glad you did.