Hiring a contractor can be one of the most difficult part of the remodeling process. That’s why we’ve put together a list of questions—both hard and easy—that your contractor should be able to answer. (Be wary if they can’t!)
• How long have you been in business?
• Will you be pulling permits for the project?
• How much experience have you had with this kind of project?
• Do you have any references?
• When are you available to start our project?
• What is your projected end date?
• Do you have any suggestions for ways to make it more functional or beautiful? (You’d be surprised at what they come up with-a good contractor has ideas and expertise that can make your dream project better!)
• How will you minimize the mess during the project?
• How will payment for the project work?
• What information do you need from me?
• When will I hear from you again? How will you send the quote?
The quote should be free (and so should the suggestions!). Be wary of any contractors that ask for a large down payment up front, is unwilling to pull permits, and can’t provide references. When it comes to remodeling, experience counts. Contact us for a free quote today.